Allstate is a great financial services company, but we all know it more from its insurance side of the company. Allstate has a wide reach of local agents to make this company easy access
Allstate offers the everyday auto coverage choices, plus optional extra features that can be added for an extra cost, including
- Accident forgiveness, your rates won’t increase with an accident, even if it’s your fault.
- Safe driving bonus: Get a check every six months of accident-free driving with Allstate
- Deductible rewards: every year without driving violations, you get $100 off your collision deductible, up to $500 off. When you sign up Allstate takes the first $100 off.
- New car replacement: If you total a new car within the first two model years, you can get a check for a new vehicle and not just your car’s quickly depreciated value.
- Rideshare insurance: Allstate’s Ride for Hire coverage is an add-on for customers who drive for ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft. Rideshare companies’ full coverage kicks in only while you’re carrying passengers, and very limited when in between pickups. Ridesharing insurance from Allstate is built into your regular policy and covers you the whole time your app is on.
Allstate also has several features that don’t cost extra, such as:
- Car buying service. Allstate advertises discounts and savings when you use this service, it basically gives you insight on the market and lets you know what the vehicles are going for in my area to help give me an easy buying experience.
- Claim satisfaction guarantee: if you’re unhappy with how a claim was handled. Allstate issues up to a six-month credit on your car insurance premium In states where it’s available, it’s free with all standard policies.
- Milewise. Based on the miles you drive, Milewise insurance has a daily base rate plus a per-mile-rate. If you’re like me and not behind the wheel very often or don’t have a long commute I would consider this type of coverage.
- Drivewise: Allstate gives up to a 10% discount for installing and using their Drivewise app, which analyzes your speed and braking behavior, as well as what time of day you drive. You can earn up to an additional 25% back every six months you drive safely afterward and earn rewards points toward shopping discounts. Even non-customers can sign up for the rewards points program, but it’s not available in every state.
Allstate’s auto insurance discounts include:
- Discount on new cars.
- Multiple policy discounts.
- Good student discounts.
- Discount if your car has anti-lock brakes.
- Anti-theft device discount.
- Early signing discount.
- Discount if you didn’t receive a cancellation notice for non-payment in the past year.
- Discount for setting up automatic withdrawals.
- Paperless billing discount.
- Discount for paying upfront.
- Safe driving discount.